News & Headlines
Cocconi Prize of the European Physical Society awarded to the SNO and SuperKamiokande Experiments
The EPS High Energy Physics Division announced the winners of its 2013 prizes, which will be awarded at the Europhysics Conference on High-Energy Physics in(EPS-HEP 2013, http://eps-hep2013.eu/), Stockholm (Sweden) 18−24 July 2013.
New Summer School Offers Students Training on the Hottest Topics in Particle Physics
(Vancouver, BC) --- Graduate students around the world who are pursuing particle physics now have a new destination for expanding their knowledge and sharpening their skills: Canada.
Backbone200 names SNOLAB as a top Research Facility!
Backbone Magazine, a Canadian business, technology and lifestyle magazine has named SNOLAB as one of the Top 10 research facilities in Canada.
- COUPP-60 Up and Running at SNOLAB | 2013‑05‑03The COUPP-60 experiment, located at SNOLAB, had a breath taking morning on May 01 as it experienced the first bubble in the experiment chamber!The COUPP collaboration uses bubble chambers to search for dark matter in the form of Weakly Interacting Massive Par
- CIRTE: Direct Measurement of the Bubble Nucleation Energy Threshold in a CF3I Bubble Chamber | 2013‑04‑29
The COUPP Collaboration have directly measured the energy threshold and efficiency for bubble nucleation from iodine recoils in a CF3I bubble chamber in the energy range of interest for a dark matter search.
- Tremendous ideas at the Sudbury Regional Science Fair | 2013‑04‑15
SNOLAB was thrilled to be a part of the 44th Annual Sudbury Regional Science Fair. Three out of 4 local school boards were represented by 50 projects related to Science and Engineering.
- Liberal Leader visits SNOLAB | 2013‑03‑11
The Honourable Bob Rae and his wife Arlene Perly Rae, made a stop at SNOLAB for an underground tour this past weekend as they embark on 10 day tour of Canada.
- Government of Canada invests in SNOLAB | 2013‑01‑22
- Dr. Wolfgang Rau and Dr. Art McDonald receive funding boost | 2013‑01‑18
Two Queen’s University research projects that are located at SNOLAB have received funding from the Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI).
- AFFECT Magazine: Big Science for Small Particles, Tony Noble and SNOLAB | 2012‑12‑18
When Dr. Tony Noble describes the work going on at SNOLAB , one of Canada's foremost facilities for astroparticle physics research, one gets an unsettling sense of humanity's profound ignorance. But that sense is also exhilarating.
- COUPP-60 Up and Running at SNOLAB | 2013‑05‑03